The Smith House allows in certain rooms for a pet to stay with the guest during their visit. We do expect the pet to be well-behaved and current with all shots/flea control. The fee of $50 is per pet and an extra fee for an extra pet (2 max). We do not allow any pets over 50 pounds. The pet is to remain with the owner at all times when on property. Any damage caused by the pet to the guest room will be charged to the credit card number on file without notification. The dog feces must be picked up with a plastic baggie and disposed of in the outside receptacles
Damage that can occur that the guest will be charged for:
- Soiled carpet, bedding, or upholstery from feces or animal smell
- Chewing the carpet, bedding, or upholstery
- Any items in the room that is damaged by the animal
- Pet hair in the drains that result in a clog in our septic system
- Behavior Issues that will not be tolerated and will be asked to leave without a refund:
- Barking dogs that interfere with other guests’ stay in the hotel. If the pet disrupts other guests (barking consistently) and guests cannot be reached, the owner of the pet will pay for the refund of the guest bothered by the pet.
- Offensive gestures (such as biting or growling) at another guest
- No digging in our flower beds or lawn area
Two phone numbers will be provided in case we must reach the guest because of issues with the pet. If the pet is left unattended and not able to reach the guest, the pet will be taken to Pee Wee Groomers to be boarded. All fees charged by Pee Wee will be paid by the guest.
Housekeeping will not enter the room while the pet is in the room. If the pet is not in the room, place a door card for an attendant to service the room. The room must be entered by housekeeping after 2 days of stay by the guest. Do not use guest towels to clean up after the dog. If towels are used, a charge of $10/cloth will be added to the bill without notification.
We are very excited that you chose to bring your pet on your visit with us. Dahlonega has a leash law for dogs and we uphold that law. Please keep all pets on a leash when leaving the guest room.